Dental Exam & Professional Dental Cleaning
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit to thoroughly evaluate your dental needs so that we can provide you with the care you need. At your regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will perform the following:
- Screening for Sleep Disordered Breathing.
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, and other dental work.
- Examination of malocclusion: Check TMJ (Temporal Mandibular Joint) and position of teeth for TMD (Temporal Mandibular Disease) and/or Bruxism (grinding/clenching).
Our accepted insurances include Delta Dental, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Guardian, and Aetna. Contact us if you have any questions or to discuss the option that will best fit your needs.
It is important to us to ensure the cost of your care is as stress-free as possible. We offer a variety of payment options to give you the flexibility to choose how to pay for your dental well-being. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Cash, Check, CareCredit, and Lending Club for payment methods.